Search Term:

Tuesday 7 February 2012

Dividend for Facebook users??

As i saw the reviews,i found out facebook is making plenty of money from the day it is published..now over $4 billion annual revenue is recorded!!and it could be $10 or $15 billion annual revenue in coming 5 years or so.As i quote from yahoo..


Without me, and the other 844,999,999 people poking, liking and sharing on the site, Facebook would look like a scene from the postapocalyptic movie "The Day After Tomorrow": bleak, desolate and really quite sad. (Or MySpace, if that is easier to imagine.) Facebook surely would never be valued at anything close to $100 billion, which it very well could be in its coming initial public offering.
In the company's S-1 filing, submitted to the Securities and Exchange Commission this week, Facebook boasts about its statistics: annually, people "like" one trillion things; 91 billion photos are uploaded; half a billion people use Facebook on mobile phones; and hundreds of millions are annoyingly "poked."
So all this leaves me with a question: Where's my cut? I helped build this thing, too. Facebook laid the foundation of the house and put in the plumbing, but we put up the walls, picked out the furniture, painted and hung photos, and invited everyone over for dinner parties.
I for one would feel more comfortable with Facebook looking through my phonebook, wallet and underwear drawer if I knew I was going to get paid for it.
Jaron Lanier, one of the deepest thinkers on the impacts of technology on society and an "innovator in residence" at the Annenberg School at the University of Southern California, worries about companies like Facebook and Twitter not paying their users while the people lucky enough to work for them become rich from free user-generated content. Mr. Lanier says that as more money flows to those who build these networks, society distorts and divides. Those without the skills needed in this new economy - other than to tweet and post pictures - can fall further behind economically.
"The value comes from the people; none of it is self-created," Mr. Lanier said in an interview. He warns that if society doesn't devise economic solutions to social networks, there could be "serious social blowback."
Sure, $50 might not seem like a lot of money right now, but if Facebook continues to grow as it has in the past, its $4 billion in annual revenue could be in the tens of billions of dollars in a few years. If that happens, I should be expecting a dividend.
So, Mr. Zuckerberg, feel free to message me on Facebook, and I'll give you my address so you can send me a check - unless, as I suspect, you already know where I live.
So,with this kind of statement..i think most of the users of facebook has the rights to get some cash from the CEO..well,we all need cash right?? =D and nowadays,facebook-ing been a daily requirement in life for most of the teens out there.so why not??

No comments:

Post a Comment